Skip to main content

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner

Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good.

Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins.

So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away.

The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch.
But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it. Characters in this drama are outstanding hence making it 10 times more interesting to watch.

First we have Bai Qian/Su Su/Si Yin played by Yang Mi the Queen of Qing Qiu. We get see three different characters of same person played by Yang Mi so effortlessly. All the three characters had different traits and characteristics which was perfectly portrayed by Yang Mi. As Bai Qian, she is strong and has poise yet she is witty. As Su Su, she is innocent and naïve. As Si Yin, she is playful, fun and troublesome. Playing three characters is difficult but Yang Mi nailed it completely in this drama.

Then we have Ye Hua played by Mark Chao, the Crown Prince of Nine Heavens.
Mark Chao has done mind blowing job in portraying Ye Hua. The amount of emotions he conveyed through his acting is just amazing. I really love his character the most. Ye Hua is emotional, kind, devoted and really mature looking but his character do have flaws and the drama shows them. He has this calm demeanor which is enchanting and I love that about him. I have become a fan of Mark Chao after this drama. Just fantastic acting. Love it.

Picture Credit : to the owner

Next up is the second lead couple in this drama, Dijun and Bai Feng Jiu. Dijun played by Vengo Gao and Bai Feng Jiu play by Dilireba. They both are just so cute together. I just love them. Both of them are exact opposite of each other and when together they are perfect for each other.

Dijun played Vengo Gao is Emperor Lord and one of the oldest five kings of heaven. He is admired by everyone but he is indifferent and cold to all the admiration. Only person he has a soft spot is Bai Feng Qiu. He is cold to her but his actions speak otherwise. Vengo Gao has played this character wonderfully. He has everything in him to make him look like Emperor Lord.

Bai Feng Jiu played by Dilireba is the princess of Qing Qiu, niece of Bai Qian and Future Queen of Qing Qiu. Bai Feng Jiu is naughty and playful. She is innocent and naïve which gets her in trouble most of the time. She is madly in love with Dijun and wants to stay by his side forever. Dilireba also have done great job in portraying her character. She is cute and fun to watch.

Picture Credit: to the owner

There are so many other characters that I like but if I get into them then it might take forever for me to complete this review. Each and very character has a purpose and is not thrown in the drama for no reason. All the characters in this drama grow and evolve as the story moves forward which is a huge plus for me as many dramas lack character development. It does have 58 episodes but it doesn’t feel too long. I really didn’t wanted this drama to end.

The plot is very well written for fantasy romance genre. It is not confusing and heavy to absorb which is very important as sometimes fantasy genre can get a bit carried away when it comes to plot and elements. The drama is beautifully shot and is pleasure to watch. Some scenes are just mind blowing. I found the entire world to be very fascinating and beautiful. The world building is amazing and easy to understand which is a huge plus point for any fantasy drama.

This is my very first Chinese fantasy drama and I am glad that I chose the right one. I love this drama to bits. I just can’t recommend it enough.

If you are in a mood to take a trip to a magical world, Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom wont disappoint you.

A Must Watch !!! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.