Skip to main content

Pinocchio (2014)

poster credit : d owner

I haven't been watching a lot of drama these days, but recently something caught my attention. Actually I have been wanting to watch this drama for a awhile, but never got a perfect opportunity to watch it. So last week I got chance to watch this drama and I must say it was quite an amazing drama. Pinocchio. 

Pinocchio is a story of a boy Ki Ha-Myung and his family who are  living a happy life but when a tragedy strikes at them, hell breaks lose. Ki Ha-Myung loses everything including his family due to the tenacious reporter who manipulates things and makes everything difficult for his family. 
After rescuing from the situation, this little boy is adopted by an old grandfather and now he has to live with this grandfather and his family consisting of his son and his granddaughter Choi In-ha, who apparently has a Pinocchio Syndrome. 

Writing a synopsis for a drama which has mystery in it is really hard, because you don't want to give in any spoilers. Writing any further than above, will have major spoilers and I don't want that. Just go into the drama without reading much about it and trust me it will be much more fun. 

picture credit : d owner 

This drama is made by the same team who made one of my all time favorite drama I Can Hear Your Voice. So for me it has similar tone to it but it has a different plot-line and focus. 

Now lets get into the characters, Firstly we have Ki Ha-Myung/Choi Dalpo who is played by Lee Jong-Suk who is one of my favorite actor from K-drama land. Lee Jong-Suk nails this character as usual. Not being biased but it is the truth. He plays this simple yet complex character with such a ease. He is the first one you root for in this drama. His character has to go through so many things that it really makes you feel sad for his character. Ki Ha-Myung is an extremely strong yet emotional character who will not let go of his honesty and principles till the end. 
Next Character is Choi In-ha played by Park Shin-hye another really good actress in K-Drama land. She plays a character who has Pinocchio Syndrome in which she cannot tell lies to anyone not even to herself because if she does she will have hiccups. Her character is typical headstrong girl with a twist of Pinocchio. You can see her character grow throughout the drama which I think each drama must have. 
picture credit : d owner 

There are so many other characters which are equally good and interesting but the one character especially is really good in this one is the character of  Seo Bum-Jo, which is played by Kim Youngkwang. He plays a character of a heir to a huge company, who gives up almost everything to be next to his love Choi In-ha. His character is not the typical brat we see in the dramas but he is an extremely down to earth, loyal and kind young man who every one likes. I loved his character so much. Especially towards the end. 

The drama captures the struggles the characters face in the industry of media and due to media and how it affects their lives. 

I enjoyed this drama a lot, I cant say that this drama was perfect, I felt the ending was little bit abrupt. I wished there was a strong ending to it. It suddenly just ends which I didn't get and I don't know why they did that. I don't see myself going back to this drama again. But the one time you watch this drama it keeps you hooked which is a plus.

I totally recommend this drama as it is entertaining and has a really cool plot-line with amazing twists and interesting characters. 

A Must One Time Watch Drama ! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.