Skip to main content

Dilwale 2015

poster credit : the owner


After a really long time,  I got to watch a movie which was truly refreshing and fun. 

Due to my exams and really busy schedule for last few months I hardly got to post something good for you guys. Now I am free, so today I will be sharing with you my review on Dilwale which has been released recently. 

Frankly, I went to this movie with very less expectations because I knew it was going to be the same old generic Bollywood style movie the MASALA MOVIE as very one likes to say it. With lots of action, item numbers, drama, romance etc. Which Dilwale is, but with its decent story line and its sweet characters its fun to watch. 

Dilwale is story of a Kaali now known as Raj who lives with his younger brother Veer in Panaji,Goa. Kaali was a gangster in the past and now has given up everything due to some traumatic incident which occurred when he was a gangster. Veer not knowing his brother was gangster, is cheerful and fun loving person loves his brother a lot and vice-versa. Raj does not believe in love as such and thinks of girls as a big problem. So what happens if Veer falls in love with a girl who somehow has a connection with Raj's past. 

Basically, it is a story which has quite a bit of predictable twists  and the story goes back and forth in past. 

Yes it is the typically Romantic- Comedy genre but I think this time it is done quite well. 

Coming from Rohit Shetty you can definitely expect beautiful locations and picturisation and also Wonderful CARS !!!!! CARS !!! :-) 

Shahrukh Khan plays the role of Kaali and has nailed it again as usual in this movie as well. I like Shahrukh Khan, I am not a crazy fan but I truly love his acting, there just something in him which makes even a cheesy dialogues good . He is just charming. And in this movie he truly shines and charms you away. What more I can say his character was well played by Shah Rukh Khan.

Kajol plays role of Mira who is the love interest of Shahrukh Khan as in Raj/Kaali. Kajol is mesmerising, She is just so pretty and beautiful. She has this transition in this movie from pretty, girly and beautiful to bold and sexy so seamlessly that makes you think was this the same character I saw few minutes ago. She plays her role beautifully in this movie. 

Varun Dhawan plays Veer in this movie, younger brother of Raj/Kaali. He is this typical naughty, fun-loving, sweet and emotional younger brother who loves this brother more than anyone in this world. He is immature and naive which makes him truly adorable to watch. Varun Dhawan played his character with ease. 

Kriti Sanon of Heropanti fame, play her role perfectly. She is a new actress in Bollywood and I see potential in her acting. 

picture credit : the owner


Even though this movie has four strong main characters, Shahrukh and Kajol stood out the most. 
They still have this amazing chemistry which still gives audience those feels. When there were scenes of  Shahrukh and Kajol, it just made me go like Wow. I am saying this because I am not a huge fan of romance and cheesy dialogues and scenes but these two always make me go, I wish I had someone who had done the same for me. 

No wonder they are both called the King and Queen of Romance. I truly agree. 

This movie has flaws as well, such lack of character development for Varun's character and Kriti's character. Some dialogues are cool but repetitive, it's not like you have never ever heard such a dialogue. 

This movie is kind of a Masala movie but with a decent story rather being a complete No Brain movie. 
I believe its a good thing to at least have a movie which makes a little more sense than just a masala movie. 

Dilwale has some good action scenes which really are well choreographed and directed. There is one scene particularly caught my attention which was taken from Mission Impossible 2, which if you guys have seen it must have known about it. It is the exact copy. 
Songs of this movie are good especially the popular ones Gerua and Janam Janam are beautifully shot.  

Its a romantic comedy drama Film, by which you must understand that it wont take its premise that seriously in the end. As per Bollywood Standards. 

Overall I truly enjoyed this movie a lot, it had good story line, good two main characters, beautiful romantic scenes, beautiful locations, cool yet repetitive dialogues, amazing chemistry and really funny comedy  scenes.  

It is a complete entertainment package which wont disappoint you. It is a masala movie but it is a lot better than ones which are out there. 

A Good Christmas Movie to watch with your family this Holiday Season.

A ONE TIME MUST WATCH !!!! :-) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.