Skip to main content

Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi ( ERASED ) - Anime Review

Its been awhile since I have done a Anime Review. I haven't watched a lot of anime this year and also last year but I knew if I had to do a review it would be anime ERASED !!! 

I still remember the feels and Goosebumps this anime gave me. One of the most relevant and dark anime I have watched in a long time.

Poster Credit : d owner 


The story follows Satoru who has this ability to go few minutes back in time when something horrific is about to happen to make things right or to save people.
He refers to it as ‘Revival’. After he gets wrongly accused for a murder of someone close to him, he is sent back in time but this time in 1988, 18 years back in past.
Soon he realizes that the murder must be related to the abduction and murder of his classmate Kayo Hinazuki. Now he has a chance to set things right again.

This drama has only one fantasy element which is time travel and they have done it right in this drama. There are very few animes who do time travel right.

This drama actually deals with many serious issues like child abuse, bullying and mental issues. And the way this drama conveys and deals this is just mind blowing. To tell a story in such a realistic way through an anime is quite amazing.

The characters in this drama are really well written and drawn. But the only problem is that sometimes the story only focuses on the two main characters, even when the side characters especially Satoru’s friends are very interesting and I would have love to get more insight into their lives. The character development of Satoru and especially Hinazuki is on point and never feels lacked.

Picture Credit : D owner


 The ending, many people seems to have problem with the climax of this anime. Even I have a problem with it. I just felt a little disappointed seeing the ending but that did not ruin my experience with this anime at all. Ending for an anime must be good, this is undeniable but this anime still pulls it off without it.

The Animation and Music for this drama is really good. I love the opening OST and ending OST.

This anime is truly a roller coaster of emotions and keeps you on the edge through out.
A really well written mystery anime to be watched.


MUST WATCH !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.