Skip to main content

Uncontrollably Fond (2016) - Full Review

Poster Credit : d owner

Uncontrollably fond is a drama starring Kim Woo-bin and Bae Suzy. 

Story follows Shin Joon Young a popular super star, who comes know to that he has only few days left due this incurable disease. Now he wants to make things right with the girl he came to love in high school. 
Wanting to spend remaining days with the love of his life, he wants to correct his mistakes which he made due to which No Eul's life gets affected adversely. 
Dramatic isn't it? Well the drama is actually way too much dramatic than I thought.

If done right this would have been a nice slice of life drama that I would have loved, But the entire story is unnecessarily complicated. There are just way too many problems in this one.

The first three episodes were pretty good and had nice tone to it, thought it will much more fun ahead, loved how the story went back and forth so that you understand where characters came from. But then it becomes too dramatic and over the top.

Shin Joon Young is a typical bad boy with good heart character. He is a rebel, Cold and really troublesome because of some instances which made him this way. Kim Woobin did a really good job portraying Shin JoonYoung’s character, not only him but all the other characters in this drama have done a really good job. 
Bae Suzy has also done a really good job in this drama. But Kim Woo-Bin’s performance overshadows Suzy’s performance period. He is the only one who has carried this drama till the end. Thumbs up for that.

Only problem this drama has and the biggest problem is the Story.
You cannot make a drama which is already a melodrama so dramatic and over the top that it loses its charm.
There is everything in this drama. There is love triangle, illness, accidents, affairs, revenge and so on. To pull this off, you truly need a story so strong that it weaves the drama together smoothly making it fun to watch.
This drama failed miserably in doing so.

I truly had a lot of expectations from this drama. Since it had Kim Woobin and Bae Suzy, I watched this drama till the end.

So now let’s get into the plus points of the drama, for me there only two – OSTs and Few Dialogues here and there.

Through out the drama the only thing kept me awake were the songs. Uncontrollably Fond truly has some really good OSTs which I now have on my playlist. And then there were few dialogues here and there which were good and I liked them as they made a little sense and were not over dramatic.

So overall this drama was a disappointment for me. I wished I could love this drama but I couldn’t.

I am a big fan of the cast and love them all. They all did justice to the poor story but then if a story is poor one can never love the drama truly. 

I gave this drama a WATCH IT rating after watching first two episodes but his drama is..

A FAIL !!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.