Skip to main content

My Top 5 Romantic Comedy Korean Dramas of All Time !!!

I have been watching Korean Dramas for a long time now. I have watched few old ones, some classics and others. Korean Dramas are known for their really well written and executed story line as well as the glitz and glam which comes with it.
They have every genre you can imagine and are always quite good with what they do.
My favorite genre in Korean dramas are Rom-com, psychological thriller and historical.
These are the genre which I watch the most and enjoy the most.

So I decided that I will do my all time favorite Romantic Comedy Dramas. By no means these are the drama which I will love for lifetime. I love them a lot thats why they are on my Top 5 but then again I am watching dramas continuously which are currently airing and also I will be watching more dramas ahead.
So these are the drama which are My Current All Time Romantic Comedy Favorites.

If I find dramas which can replace this list or at least one of these dramas, then I will be more than happy to update you guys.

But for now lets get into my Top 5 All time Favorite Romantic Comedy Korean Dramas.

Falling for Innocence

                      
                                                             poster credit : d owners


Now I have full review of this drama on this blog. Which you guys can check out.
I love this drama so much. I just dont have enough words to express it.
From the characters to the story worked so well with each other and made this drama my all time favorite.

Kang Minho (Jung Kyung-ho) is a cold business man and is working with Gold Partners a Bond investment firm, he has this grudge on the Hermia Group due the unfair treatment he and his family got after the death of this philanthropic father who was the CEO of Hermia. Due to which his mother commits suicide and the entire shares are transferred to Kang Hyun-chul his uncle, who now runs the company. Minho thinks his father was framed and is all set to bring down Kang Hyun-chul by any means. But only drawback is, his health especially his heart. So what happens if he gets a heart transplant of a person he doesn't like and what happens if he starts to change a little

As cliché the story sounds, the characters makes it more interesting as the story goes forward.
It has everything I love when it comes to Romantic Comedy and Korean Drama. It has great main characters, great side characters and a great antagonist. I love it all.

So it is a Must Watch in my books


Fated to Love You

                                                            poster credit : d owners


Another Drama on which I have done my review on this blog.
A guy and a girl meets in a hotel coincidentally and they hook up, coincidentally?! The end result of this hookup is that the girl gets knocked up and now we have the clichéd yet beautiful story of these two people who are not meant to be together in first place but fate brought them together.

The story is over the top cheesy at times but the quirky characters and simple plotline makes up for it.
I love the performance in this drama, they performances were all top-notched and love all the characters in this drama.
I can watch this entire drama again and wont feel that I have wasted my 40 mins.
This drama will take you on a roller coaster of emotions and you will love that about this drama.

Even though I am not a huge fan of cheesy and romantic dramas this one is an exception to me. I love it a lot and I think you guys might enjoy it as well.


Youre Beautiful

                      
                                                            Poster Credit : d owners


I clearly remember my first three Korean Dramas that I watched a long time ago. I was new to the Korean Drama land and these were the drama which made me KDrama Addict
One of which was You’re Beautiful.

A truly fairy tale-ish story about a girl Go Mi-Nyeo (Park Shin-hye) cross-dresses as her twin brother and enters a popular boy band A.N.JELL as a vocalist. The band consists of three handsome boys, one of them is harder to deal with, the leader Hwang Tae-Kyung (Jang Geun Suk). Now she has to deal with situations that will happen to her till the brother comes back.

It is one of the best takes on Cross-dressing Genre. The drama is truly a fans dream. Who does not want to be in the popular idol-group with three charming boys.

The drama is for sure is unrealistic but that is the fun part the drama. Not very drama that you like must be realistic, I think if a drama can hold your attention from start to end then that is a good drama for sure because it kept you entertained thats what you came for.

This drama holds special place in my heart. And I recommend you guys to check it out.



Rooftop Prince

                                                                 Poster Credit : d owners


Rooftop Prince is an extremely special drama for me. After I finished watching this drama, I literally insisted my friends to watch this drama. All of them watched it and they loved it as well. This was the drama which made them into a complete KDrama addict.

But this drama is actually so good that I have hardly seen any bad reviews about this one.

The story follows Lee Gak a crown prince of Joseon Era, who finds himself lost in modern world when he and three other guys land up on a rooftop house. Now Lee Gak must find the mysteries surrounding his time travel as well as figure out how to survive in this new world.
During this time travel he falls in love with Park Ha and then how their story is intricately woven into the plot is something to look forward to.

This drama is a Fantasy Romantic Comedy which I am sure that you guys will enjoy a lot.


Oh My Ghostess

Poster Credit : D owner


This drama is just too cute. It is a Supernatural Romantic Comedy.

When a virgin ghost has only one year left before she becomes an evil spirit, she must meet a man and sleep with him so that she can be set free. Na Bosung is a timid girl who can see ghosts. She works at a famous restaurant but is always every inattentive due to the lack of sleep and tiredness caused to her because of ghosts. Now these two people’s lives are clashed when this virgin ghost takes possession of Bo-Sung's body to sleep with a man.

This drama was included in my top 5 favorite drama of 2015. It is a really amazing drama. This drama is different and has fresh take on the haunting and possession dramas. It has some of the best characters I have seen in a really long time.

This drama is definitely a must watch in my books.

So that’s it guys, I conclude my Top 5 Romantic Comedy Dramas of All Time.
I hope you find this list helpful in deciding which drama to add on your list of KDrama watching.


XOXO ~ :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.