Skip to main content

Goblin (2016) Kdrama - Full Review

Poster Credit : to the Owner

Its been a while since I uploaded a review.  There weren’t many dramas that I have been watching past two or three months. But there was only one drama I was watching religiously and that drama was Goblin.

Goblin is a romantic supernatural fantasy drama about a Goblin Kim Shin was living his immortal life for more than 900 years as a punishment. The only person who can bring end to his immortality is his bride. Waiting for the bride, the Goblin and the Grim Reaper send off the dead into afterlife.


Picture Credit : to the owner

Right from the beginning I was super excited for this drama because of its cast. The drama starring one of the best actors in Korean entertainment industry i.e. Gong Yoo, Lee Dongwook, Kim Go Eun, Yoo In-na and Yook Sung-jae.  Such an amazing star cast plus amazing writer Kim Eun Sook makes amazing drama for sure.

The very first episode of this drama drags you in and you are hooked completely. I truly believe that a drama gets majority of its viewers in first two episodes, especially the first episode.  Goblin nails it in the first episode itself.  I just loved the sheer magnitude the drama was trying to portray in the first episode. You know it that this drama is going to have a huge scale. It feels like I am watching a big-budget movie on small screen. Its quite mesmerising.

 Firstly, the story of the drama is truly amazing. This drama is the writer’s first foray into the fantasy genre and she has nailed it completely. If you can write a story like Goblin for you first fantasy drama, then its actually quite amazing. There two stories in this drama one of Goblin and other of Grim reaper making it one main story and main plot for the drama. The writer has intricately woven these two stories together. I loved the way she has done this.
There are so many WOW moments in this drama that I have lost the count.

Picture credit : to the owner

Secondly, the characters are so well written and well portrayed.  Goblin played by Gong Yoo fits the role perfectly as well as the Grim Reaper played by Lee Dongwook. They both have amazing chemistry, I love the duo and their Bromance. In fact, all the characters in this drama have really good chemistry with each other.  The entire drama for me was completely character driven even though it had very good plot-line, I believe that if you have good story to convey but not good characters in it then no one will be interested to watch what happens next. But if you have interesting story line plus amazing characters then it’s a complete win for a drama, which this drama does have. You get so attached to these characters in this drama that whatever they do and choices they make affects viewers because you care for those characters. I love this factor about Goblin.

Picture Credit : to the owner

The Dialogues are so well written, some of them are so good that they can become real time phrases and quotes. This drama sometimes gives you life lessons as well which is quite amazing to be honest.

As the divinity says in the drama Fate is a question which I throw at you, but you have to find the answers yourself by choosing the choice you have. So true.

This drama for me is perfect nothing is left untold. The Finale of the the drama is satisfying rather it cannot get any better than that.  A Sad Love with Happy Ending is what this drama aimed for and did really well.
I loved this drama a lot. I can easily say that if I make a list of top 10 best Korean dramas of all time for me this drama is definitely in my top 5.

Truly loved it and I can’t recommend it enough.

MUST WATCH !!!! :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.