Skip to main content

Top 5 Romantic Taiwanese Drama

One of my favorites things to do is to bring you guys the best of dramas and movies that I have been watching and loving for years.
I have done this type of blog post few months ago about my top 5 best romantic Korean dramas of all time.
So now I am writing down my top 5 Romantic Taiwanese Drama of All time.
This list is completely based on my opinion and from what I have watched in past few years.
I have watched quite a few Taiwanese dramas and these are ones I liked the most.


  •  Autumn’s Concerto


Poster Credit : To the owner

When I first wanted to watch a Taiwanese drama the first one to pop-up was Autumn’s Concerto. There was so much hype about this drama being the “Classic” Taiwanese drama that I had to put my teeth into it.
After watching this drama, I understood why people loved this drama so much.

The hype about this drama being a “Classic” is so true. I loved this drama so much. That’s how I got sucked into the T-drama world.

Autumn’s Concerto is a clichéd story about Mucheng (Andy An) poor girl who was once a daughter of very rich family, now works as a part-timer for living after her parent’s death. She lives with her aunt and uncle. Her life crosses paths with Ren Guang Xi (Vaness Wu) a spoilt brat and bully from a rich family. He first bullies her and then later falls in love with her. But their love story is not so easy, they have few rivals such as Ren Guang Xi’s mother and most importantly their fate.

It is a very very clichéd love story, one which you must have watched a thousand times now. But there is much more to this drama and that is, its characters.

This drama is completely character driven. The characters in this drama are so well drawn that they make you watch this drama till the end. The characters in this drama are drawn imperfectly for realism. I love when dramas do that. No one in real world is perfect and people do make mistakes. And if a drama is able to show that then it’s a thumps up from me.

Andy An and Vaness Wu have such a sparkling chemistry in this drama. That even after the drama ends you want more of them. They both brought their "A "game on the table. Just mind-blowing performances.

If you are in a mood for some cinderalla-ish love story with a twist, then this drama is for you.

Clichéd yet Beautiful … Autumn’s Concerto is a MUST- WATCH “CLASSIC”.

  • Bromance


Poster Credit : To the owner

Bromance is one of my favorite Gender-blender Romantic Comedy Taiwanese drama of all time. I have a full review on this drama. Gosh, I love it so much.

Bromance is a story of a young girl Pi Yanuo who has to live her life as boy till her 26th birthday because the day she was born in the Pi family, the fortune teller predicted that it will be a baby boy for the family which will bring prosperity to the house. But the nurse announces that it’s a baby girl instead of a baby boy. So the fortune teller tells her parents that she has to live her life as a boy till her 26th birthday or it will bring her as well as her family misfortune. So she does. And her life starts to change as she meets Du Zi Feng a Triad leader.

This drama is absolutely amazing. Seriously, you have to watch this drama. It is really good.
It is an over the top, fun and heart warming drama that will hook you into drama from the very first episode itself.

I loved the characters and their stories. Plus, the amazing chemistry between the two leads.
Bromance has everything you want from a romantic comedy and is a definitely a MUST WATCH.

  • Fall in Love with Me


Poster Credit : To the owner

Fall in Love with Me is a romantic drama staring Aaron Yan and Tia Lee.
Fall in Love with Me was again one of those hyped dramas and was all over the internet while it was airing.

It was very first Aaron Yan drama I ever watched completely. I tried to watch Just You but the first two episodes couldn’t hook me in and I gave up. But this one was a different case. I liked plot and characters.

Fall in Love with Me is a story of Tian Xing, a prodigy in advertising industry. He is rich, popular and handsome. He one day announces a three-month break from his career and covers his identity and dresses himself as Xiou Lu to avoid any attention. He meets a girl Le Si who is trying to save her dead brother’s advertising firm by doing as much as possible.

Xiou Lu finds out that Le Si’s dead brother is one who inspired him to become who he is today, so decides to help Le Si by being her employee. Le Si thinks that he is Tian Xing but both Tian Xing and Xiou Lu have different personality. She starts falling in love with Xiou Lu who has warm personality. What will happen she finds out they both are same person?

The again the story is a bit different but not unheard. The plot is good but not exceptional. 
I watched it for the characters and I wanted to know where this drama will go. The drama has few twists and turns through out. The characters are fun and tolerable to watch.

This drama from start to end was carried by Aaron Yan. He nailed his character so well. Tia Lee was okay but her performance was over-shadowed by Aaron Yan’s sheer presence. Aaron Yan has an aura which was perfect for this drama and it worked out too well for him. Tia Lee has done a good job but you only see her shine towards the end. But Aaron Yan nailed this drama completely.

It is good drama if you like double roles and some drama. This drama will not disappoint you at all.  

A MUST WATCH For Aaron Yan Fans.


  • Down with Love


Poster Credit : To the owner 

My sole reason of loving this drama are the characters and most importantly Jerry Yan.
I have watched all the versions of boys over flowers. My favorite one being the korean version but the Taiwanese version was not bad at all. I become a fan of Jerry Yan after watch Boys Over Flowers Taiwanese version.

After watching that I wanted to watch a Jerry Yan drama and that’s how I discovered Down with Love.
Down with Love is story about Yu Ping (Jerry Yan) who is a very famous lawyer who comes across as a very cold and ruthless person. After sudden death of his brother, he has to take in his two kids as their mother has abandon them. Every nanny he hires leaves the job due to troublesome kids. This time he hires a tomboyish girl Yang Guo(Ella Chen), who is recommended by Yang Duo, secretary of Yu-Ping. Yang Duo is Yang Guo’s sister but in need of money she recommends her sister as a nanny. Yang Duo lies to Yu-Ping that Yang Guo will not fall in love with him even if he is handsome and famous because Yang Guo likes women. But what will happen if Yu-Ping falls in love with Yang Guo?

I had so much fun watching this drama. It was hilarious and cute. Ella Chen and Jerry Yan are so cute together. They have really good chemistry with each other. Ella Chen effortlessly portrays tomboyish image in this drama.
The characters are quirky and fun to watch. It is a light on head romantic comedy, which I think everyone need once in a while.

A MUST WATCH if you are a fan of light hearted comedies.


  • Hi! My Sweetheart


Poster Credit : To the owner

Ugly Duckling falls for the popular one. Another very clichéd drama plot but, this time it is a reversal. The Ugly Duckling is a guy and popular one is the girl.

Hi! My Sweet heart follows Xue Hai (Show Luo) is a dork from a wealthy family. He is the only heir and is always protected by his sister. He decides to move out of his comfort zone and study aboard. There he meets Chen Bao Zhu (Rainie Yang), an eccentric, friendless and guarded girl. She is like an alpha female, but soon she becomes friends with Xue Hai and starts to drop her guard. They both fall in love with each other. But can they be together?

I am sure you must have heard this plot a lot but, this drama is good and deals well with this reversal ugly duckling type of a story.

I loved the characters and story even though it is aimed to be a romantic comedy, the characters had a lot of depth to them.

Rainie Yang and Show Luo both did a really good job in this one. They were really cute and it was fun watching them like that. 

I truly enjoyed the drama, it was hilarious, fun and romantic.

A MUST WATCH!

So these are my top 5 Romantic Taiwanese dramas that I enjoyed over the years and I can watch them again and again.

This list is completely based on the Taiwanese dramas I have watched so far. I know there are many dramas out there that I need to watch but didn’t get time to do so.

I will definitely keep on watching more Taiwanese dramas and bring in more interesting reviews for you guys.

I hope this list helps you to find a right Romantic Taiwanese Drama for yourself.

HAVE A GOOD DAY GUYS!!! 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.