Skip to main content

Top 5 Asian Dramas to Watch this Season (2018)


The reason why I was not blogging for a while was that there was no drama or movie which I found intriguing. But recently I took effort and found out which dramas are coming out this spring summer 2018. These are the drama that piqued my interest. So I decide to do a blog post on it.
These are my Top 5 Asian Dramas that I will be watching this season.

Are You Human too?

Picture Credit : to the Owner

From the fame of Cheese in the Trap and Entourage, Kang Seo Joon makes a comeback as a lead actor in Are You Human Too? A SCI-FI mystery.
The story of this drama follows Nam Shin is a son from a family who runs a large company. After an unexpected accident, he goes into a coma. So his mother Oh Ro Ra is an authority on brain science and artificial intelligence, creates an android named Nam Shin III which looks like just like her son Nam Shin. And then things take a turn.
At first, when I heard about the synopsis I thought it's going to be like I am not a Robot but I was completely wrong. It has a different dark tone to it which I love and upon that I really enjoy watching Kang Seo Joon on the screen. He is a very good actor. My hopes are high on this one.

Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost 

Poster Credit: to the owner


The Flower Goddess dies after giving birth to a daughter. Before she passes away, she feeds her daughter the Unfeeling Pill and orders her subordinates to keep the girl’s birth story a secret and to imprison her.
4,000 years later, the Heavenly Emperor’s second son, Xu Feng, who was entrapped by someone is saved by the ignorant Jin Mi. Xu Feng gradually develops feelings for Jin Mi. But, someone close is going to use these feeling for their benefit.
I am excited about this drama. It is going to in April or May, I am not sure about the date. But still can’t wait to watch this one. This one seems interesting.

The Flame’s Daughter


Poster Credit : to the owner

Lie Ruge, the sole successor of the Liehuo Manor. Her family takes in Zhan Fei Tian's son Zhan Feng along with Yu Zi Han, a part of the royal family who has a disability. The three grow up in the manor while Ruge and Zhan Feng fall in love. But something happens and things take a turn.
After watching first 5 episodes of this drama I can say this drama might be my new favorite. Amazing cast many of them are my favorite Chinese drama Eternal Love:Ten miles of Peach Blossoms. It is better to dive into this drama without knowing much.
The characters are fantastic, mysterious and, compelling enough to make you go back and watch each episode. I highly recommend this one.

Clean with Passion for Now

Jang Sun Gyul has mysophobia in simpler terms fear of germs. He runs a cleaning company. Then he meets Gil Oh Sol who has a bright personality and she does not mind getting dirty. Sun Gyul faces his mysophobia with the help of Oh Sol and in the process falls in love with Oh Sol.

I think this is a very different drama, I have never watched a drama based on mysophobia. So this one seems interesting. I hope they focus on this phobia more and how to face it and overcome it rather than just romance. But still, it is one rom-com that I will be watching this season.

Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food

Yoon Jin Ah is a single woman in her 30's. She works as a supervisor at a coffee company. Seo Joon Hee is the younger brother of her best friend Seo Kyung Sun. Yoon Jin Ah thought he was just a childish guy, but he seems to appear different to her after he comes back to Korea from abroad.
This one is a rom-com with Age gap romance. The lead actor is Jung Hae In from While You Are Sleeping. So it is a must watch for me.

So these are the dramas I am looking forward to watching this season. I hope you will find something that interests you on this list.

Have A Wonderful Day !!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.