Skip to main content

Kamisama Hajimemashite/Kamisama Kiss S1/S2/ Kako-Hen - Anime Review



Poster Credit : the owner

One of my all-time favorite anime Kamisama Hajimemashite or Kamisama Kiss. This anime just makes me super happy. I cannot string coherent words to express how much I enjoy this anime. 

After getting kicked out of her apartment due to her fathers' gambling debts, Nanami runs into a strange man being harried by a dog. After saving him, she opens up about her situation. Kind-hearted Mikage offers her his home to which she agrees. After visiting his house she realizes that it is not a normal home but a rundown shrine and that she has been sent as a replacement god for the shrine. She meets a fox familiar who was serving Mikage and now refuses to serve Nanami. And that’s how the story takes off. 

This anime really pulled at my heartstrings. And it is because of the characters and plot-line. Yes, this anime has a deep story which many may not know. This is what makes this anime ten times better than any other rom-com animes. 

There are many clichéd tropes in this fluffy anime but I forgive them all due to the fact I adored all the characters. 

Since we are talking about characters, let talk about Nanami and Tomoe. Both of these main characters are in a contractual relationship, they are bound to each other as god and familiar. And as any rom-com anime, Nanami falls in love with the "bad boy" Tomoe. 

                                                        Picture Credit : the owner

Nanami is a quintessential girl of the genre. She has a kind heart, she is stubborn and sometimes stupid. Absolute for a rom-com genre. Tomoe is also a typical bad boy with a warm personality beneath, unable to express himself and sometimes mean to Nanami makes our stereotype of rom-com genre. But given all that, they have layers underneath. These characters have suffered a lot but still, they make sure to smile and save people’s lives. I love Nanami’s spirit to fight for what is right and what she loves. This will to fight sometimes drives the plot into some insane situation but that is a given for this genre. Also, I love Tomoe’s honesty and loyalty to Nanami and Mikage. They are two extreme opposites, one who can express herself openly and one who just can’t string proper words. I love this combo due to this fact. It really works for them and for the plot.

The side characters are also equally fleshed out for the audience to admire and adore. All the characters including the leads have a very strong presence throughout the anime. 

This series includes Kamisama Kiss Season 1 and season 2 plus the Kako-Hen arc of the anime. I enjoyed both the seasons but I absolutely loved Kako-hen arc of the anime. It gave us the back story on Tomoe and what kind of relationship he had with Nanami in the past and what binds them together in the present. What a lovely story.  This Kako-Hen Arc fleshes out the main lead of the anime completely.

This anime is light, fluffy and extremely funny to watch. It stays with you and one feels really happy watching it. 

A Must Watch for Sure !!!

Comments

  1. I was having constant reminders of driving to work, seeing the Bobblehead bobbing back and forth in the corner of my eye on the dashboard. With all honesty,

    kissanime

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.