Skip to main content

WATCH IT Or SKIP IT - Rich Man, Poor Woman 2018 - KDrama



                       
       Poster Credit :MBN x Dramax

Rich Man or Rich Man, Poor Woman (2018) is a remake of the Japanese Drama Rich Man, Poor Woman drama.

The story follows Lee Yoo Chan (Kim Joon-Myun) a genius programmer and CEO of the best possible IT- company in Korean, Next In. But Lee Yoo Chan is face-blind or you can say disability to recognize faces. His path crosses with Kim Bo-Ra (Ha Yeon-So) an impecunious college student as well as a job-seeker with an extraordinary memory and will to work in the “best company to work” in South Korea that is Next In. 

This drama is a take on Rich Man, Poor Woman Japanese drama which was a huge success in Japan as well as overseas. I have not watched the original drama so putting my teeth into this one was really easy. You don’t tend to have pre-consumed notions when you watch a remake first.

Rich Man, Poor Woman took me by surprise. This drama is actually worth giving a shot. Right from the characters to the story, everything is working really well as of now. The actors cast for this drama are perfect. Right from the main characters to the supporting cast, everyone is doing a fabulous job of keeping you hooked. After watching 4 episodes of this drama, I am hooked and want to know how the story unfolds ahead. This is really rare for me these days as I have watched so many dramas that sometimes I feel that the plot is similar or not so great, but this drama is a bit different. Even though it has a clichéd plot-line, I have fallen in love with all the characters. They are so well-written and thought-out.

I always say that if the plot or story is weak but the characters in it are compelling enough to spend time on then I can watch the drama just for them. Here the story is fine but the characters are strong and compelling making me want to watch more of it. I hope in the latter stages the story gets even better and much more entertaining.

I would highly recommend watching Rich Man (2018) Kdrama if you are contemplating. This rom-com might not disappoint you. After a really long time a Rom-Com that is making me happy. Currently, 4 episodes are out for you to stream. Don’t miss out on this hidden gem.

WATCH IT !!!

Have a Good Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternal Love : Ten Miles of Peach Blossom (2017) - Chinese Drama Review

Poster Credit : to the owner Recently I have been so busy that I don’t get time to watch many dramas but then I came across few clips of Eternal Love: Ten miles of Peach Blossom and I decided to watch it as it intrigued me. It was my best decision as it was so good. Bai Qian is a princess of Qing Qiu a Fox Tribe, with the help of Zhe Yan she becomes a disciple of Mo Yuan, God of War. After a devastating war, immortals pay a huge price to seal the Ghost lord of Qing Cang. 70,000 years later, Bai Qian in attempt to re-seal the Ghost lord loses her memories and is send to mortal realm and there she meets Ye Hua, Crown Prince of Nine Heavens. And their love story begins. So hard to write summary for a fantasy drama as you don’t want to give too much away. The world created in this drama is so beautiful and magnificent to watch. But more than the world building, the characters are important as you cannot fall in love with a fantasy world without good characters in it.

Full House Thai Drama

photo credits: to the owner  I still remember the feeling I got by watching one of the famous Korean drama Full-house , which was utterly amazing. I had completed that drama within two days. I know it’s crazy but that’s how good the drama was and is. It was the first ever Asian drama I had watched, hence it holds a special place in my heart. If the original version was this good, I had to check out the new version of Full-house drama which was released in 2014, and I have to say that it was amazing. Full-house Thai Drama is remake of the same Korean drama Full-house, even though being the same story it does have its own colors and characteristics. Full-house is a story about a girl Aom-am who is tricked by her friends to go to Korea for a vacation so that they could sell her house and make money for themselves. Being a naïve girl, she is badly tricked and now a homeless girl she has nowhere to go. The only house she had was taken away from her by her own friends.